Monday, April 5, 2010

Saliva Generator is IN

That is the expander's new name ;). I had it put in this morning at Bethesda. Kicker was that it didn't fit to start with... just my luck! Dr. Burton tried to get it to work the first time and it just wasn't working. I could'nt believe how much force he had to put behind it. I was pretty much coming out of the chair! My eyes even watered quite a bit! I thought it was going to be easy peasy! I can definitley say that going through my mind was the question "What in the WORLD did I get myself into?". After leaving Bethesda once the contraption was put in I tried drinking water, not a smart idea. When I drank the water I swallowed the first little bit and thought is was all gone, nope, there was more in my mouth still and I choke on it! It was a learning experience though. Eating is an adventure all in itself too! I pretty much have to take a bite and chew it and then drink somthing to get it to go down my throat since I can't use my tounge that much because the expander won't let it go anywhere near the roof of my mouth. It's an interesting feeling that is for sure! My jaw feels a little tired too since I got it put in. It's as if because my tounge is fighting for space in my mouth so my mouth feels like it wants to be open all the time which I assume in turn makes my jaws tired.

The surgery is tomorrow, I can't believe it is already here! No turning back now! Mom is on her way to DC now with Timmay and Logan. We are all going to go and have a Last Supper before midnight. We have to be at the hospital and checked into patient admin by 0530 in the morning. I assume I will be pretty out of it tomorrow but as soon as I can I will blog again and I will get some pictures posted too!

No comments:

Post a Comment