Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Week Exactly Since Surgery!

So it has been one week today since the surgery! I'm not doing too bad. Today I don't feel as good, my stomach is empty, I feel a little nauseas. There is this spot in my throat that is really hurting. It's like somthing is swollen in there and it hurts to swallow. Maybe it's from being intubated during the surgery.

The bruising is almost gone so that is nice. I still don't have feeling in most of my face, which is pretty nice too because if I had feeling I would probably be hurting more! I went to the Doctor yesterday for my followup. I got my handy dandy pink expanding key. I had two turns done in the doctors office... I think. Dr. Burton taught me how to do it and I got to see Dr. Ercole (the surgeon). He said everything looked really good. I have to turn the expander once in the morning and once at night until next Monday, when I have to go back to see Dr. Burton again. Wonder how big the gap will get with 14 turns!

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment