Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Post

Hello All!!

With my upcoming oral surgeries, I decided that I would create a blog to keep my friends and family who won't be able to be here with me updated on what's going on.

I am scheduled on 06APR2010 to have the Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expander procedure. I am pretty excited about it! I am growing more nervous by the day though, especially seeing the pictures of blogs of people who have had the procedure. I guess I didn't really think of what I would look like after the surgery but now I have ideas and I guess that is what is making me nervous. Probably the thought of having to answer millions of questions when people see me after the 21 days of convalescent leave.

I am in the United States Coast Guard stationed in Washington, DC. Thankfully the Coast Guard is paying for all of the procedures that I am going to endure on this journey . After the SARPE, I will wear braces for somewhere between 9 and 12 months. Then I am scheduled to have my lower jaw broken in three places and moved forward.

I am a Class 3 dental case. I have a open bite. I think my biggest complaint as I am now is that I can't bite things off with my teeth. When eating a sandwich I pull peices off and then put them in my mouth.

Thanks for joining me as I start this exciting yet bumpy journey!!

Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment